Saturday, December 5, 2009

Trying out for my musical, and i dont know what song to sing. i need a popular musical song.?

There are some great books for musical theater singers - The First Book of Broadway Solos for mezzo-soprano, The Musical Theater Anthology for teens. Those would be good places to start your search. You can find them on www.sheetmusicplus.com, www.musicnotes.com, amazon and probably eBay as well if you don't have a store near you that sells books of sheet music. Find songs that appeal to you stylistically and try them out with the accompaniment cd that is included. Have a close friend that you trust to tell you the truth help you decide which one shows off your voice the best.



Trying out for my musical, and i dont know what song to sing. i need a popular musical song.?hollywood theater



Go with what you friends and family members say is your best song....we here can't suggest one because we don't know your voice or range !!....trust your family and friends if anyone knows what your best work is they will....good luck to you !!!!!!!!



Trying out for my musical, and i dont know what song to sing. i need a popular musical song.?opera.com opera theater



Easy as Life- Aida



I Know the Truth- Aida



No Matter What (reprise)- Beauty and the Beast



When You're Good to Mama- Chicago



I Dreamed a Dream- Les Miserables



I'd Give My Life For You- Miss Saigon



Back to Before- Ragtime



No Good Deed- Wicked
How about "What I Did For Love" from A Chorus Line?
There are thousands of great musical theatre songs...so a popular one might not be the best thing. Sorry, I don't know your range, but some songs I could recommend are some from "Jersey Boys", "evita" or the song "memory" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical "Cats" Hey good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp