Thursday, December 10, 2009

H.M.S. Pinafore, the musical?

I was considering auditioning for it, but was wondering if there was to be a lot of dancing in it. I know that sounds silly with it being a musical, but I recently saw Oliver! and it seemed as though it would be tough to have to learn all those steps, songs and lines within the short amount of rehearsal time. (It takes me a while to learn dance steps).



Anyone know?



H.M.S. Pinafore, the musical?symphony



There is some dancing in Pinafore, probably a little less than most musicals, actually (in most productions I've seen, anyway). However, more in a Gilbert %26amp; Sullivan piece you really need to consider the speed of the music and the rapid wording that is used. The wording is more troublesome, at least to me, than the dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp