Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm having a bit of a musical dilema at the moment I thought i was all great and stuff on guita

Ive been playing guitar for about 6 months now (piano for 8 years) and all i can play is johnny b. goode and wish you were here (johnny needs a LOT of work still tho dont even know the solo) My friend who has been playing guitar a little longer than i have is i think getting a lot better than meand he has no musical experience other than guitar I mean i can improvise pretty well and like stuff like that but he can play Crazy train all the way through and the mr. crowley solos! (not anywhere near perfect but still pretty damn good) I cant retain all that much info and notes in learning all those insane solos i rele though i was like a super great guitarist but every time i see him play i think otherwise everytime i play my guitar i end up just playing various riffs from different songs and then end up just improvinsing (off of the a minor pentatonic scale thats all i rele know) any way... where should i go next? any cool songs to learn that arent too hrad?any other advice?



I'm having a bit of a musical dilema at the moment I thought i was all great and stuff on guitar but not relemet opera



Set a goal for yourself. Normally, it takes over 3 years for an electric guitar player to be able to play "good" and "fast" solos but you need to set some goals for yourself. Start with some solos that you like for example the "Downfall" song from "Children of Bodom" has one of the best solos I have ever heard in my life. It is progressive and kind of hard to play. It has a classical taste and the riff of the beginning of the song gets everybody's attention including the guitar player himself.



Your goal should be to finish playing the song just like the original recording and you should set a deadline for yourself. Start with rhythm parts then speed it up to the solo. You will work it out eventually. And do not forget to use a metronome. A metronome is our best friend.



Don't give up. Play in yahoo chat rooms for people and ask for their opinion. Build your self confidence and hopefully you will be the next yngwie malmsteen.



Good luck.



I'm having a bit of a musical dilema at the moment I thought i was all great and stuff on guitar but not relemovie theatre opera theater



You know what, stop learning other people's songs. If you play your own songs then your friend will be stuck. He will be so envious that you can play original music and he can't. At this point it's your only shot of amazing him. Just play similar solos or riffs from your favorite artists and make it your own. You are a good guitar player too, someone else might like your style better than his. It's not a skill, it's a matter of taste. Some people say Slash is the best of all time and others say it's Eric Clapton. Different styles but same opinion by different people.
omg same here. i seriously thought i was alone. my friend is like really good and i started six months afterward. Right now all i can play is hey there Delilah, the mixed tape by jack's mannequin, and y control by the yeah yeah yeahs. I took a college course for guitar. and all that notes and chords and scales are so hard to remember. i am still playing and i wont stop ever. i sometimes air guitar cause it helps. (i am 14) tell me how you are doing. dont give up. i sure wont. tell me how you're going along and I'm me if you ever need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp