Thursday, December 10, 2009

I wanna act, but can't sing ...?

I really love acting and i'm quite good at it, but not good enough to make it to be famous - which has always been dream. I thought to give myself some experience, or like to help myself get used to the feel of actually acting in something big, I would try out for the play in my highschool, but of course I couldn't. The play, just like ALL other plays in my school are musicals. EVERY SINGLE ONE. If the play they want to do isn't a musical, they write songs to turn it into one, and everyone that's in it has to sing. But I can't sing. I can act, but not sing. So i really need advice on what to do to gain experience and stuff. I'm actually quite angry at my school - just going to throw that in there.



I wanna act, but can't sing ...?greek theater



Try looking at other places that hold plays in your area. There has to be at least one play somewhere near you that isn't a musical. good luck and i hope you find something!



I wanna act, but can't sing ...?performing arts show opera theater



Try to find a small theater near your town and do community theater. I know I live in a SMALL town and..well school plays are kind of a joke there but there is a city closeby that has a community theater..so you could try that and maybe they wont all be musicals.



Good Luck!
You might not be as bad a singer as you think. Who cares if you don't have a voice like an angel? If you can stay on key you can sing well enough for a high school musical.



Just as with acting, part of becoming a good singer is just taking the risk, putting yourself out there, and DOING IT! If your acting is strong enough, you can still get good roles in high school musicals It's just a high school production; their expectations are not that high. We're not talking about Broadway here. ;)



I am not a particularly wonderful singer, but I can project and I can stay more or less on key, and I can sing in character. I got every single role I auditioned for throughout high school, including in the musicals. (and I was never NOT involved in a production of some sort...that's pretty much all I did in high school was drama, drama, drama. We had a very, very active drama group at my school). My acting carried me through even though singing is not my strength.



You might show your dedication by talking to the choir director (or whoever is in charge of the singing part of the musicals) and letting them know that you want to audition but you feel your singing isn't strong enough. They may be able to recommend some exercises for you, or might even be willing to tutor you a little bit in preparation. It's worth a shot!
You dont need to be able to sing you just need to try to sing and as time goes on your voice will slowly get better and you will be able to start singing thats how i started out i started by teaching my self how to sing in my room by playing music and trying to match pitch to the music and now i have been almost to the point of getting payed to act and if you get thrown in the show just try it go for it push your self untill you get bettter thats all you need to do rilly

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp